Illawarra Military Historian and long time Illawarra Family History Group member, Terry Bugg, has been compiling an extensive database of over 4000 names of people associated with the Illawarra who served in WW1. It was hoped that Terry Bugg’s database might have been incorporated into the early stage of the Illawarra Remembers 1914 – 1918 project, ready for the 2015 Centenary year. However this has not proved possible – and thus this website has been created.
Scroll down to below the photo gallery to find links to those with Illawarra connections who served in WW1 arranged alphabetically.
Note – the Illawarra WW1 Roll of Honour can be found here.
For Names of people associated with the Illawarra who served in WW1 (with links to brief service details) – Click on a particular letter(s) for names beginning with that letter(s):
- B : Ba – Benjamin / Ben- Bov /Bow – Bro / Bru – By
- C : Ca – Chap / Char – Con / Coo – Cu
- D : Da – Del / Dem – Dy
- F : Fa – Flem / Flet – Fu
- G : Ga – Gill / Gilm – Gw
- H : Ha – Harri / Harrow – Hi / Ho – Hy
- L : La – Lev / Lew – Ly
- M : Ma – Mar / Mas – McM / McN – Mi / M0 – My
- P : Pa – Pep / Per – Py
- R : Ra – Ri / Ro – Ry
- S : Sa – Sl / Sm – Sta / Ste – Sy
- T : Ta – Thom / Thor – Tw
- W : Wa – Wat / Wau – William / Willis – Wy
- X – nil
- More detailed Service Record Information is available via Discovering ANZACS site – using name and service number details
- Australian War Memorial Roll of Honour entries
- However, for additional information some advice can be sought from Terry Bugg of the Illawarra Family History Group – email@example.com. Terry has been researching WW1 military records for many, many years and therefore maybe able to provide some answers without too much trouble.